Is the Malaysian cuisine better than the Indonesian
Indonesian or Malaysian?
If you want to spend your next vacation in Southeast Asia and are interested in both Indonesia and Malaysia, you may be faced with the question of which language you should better adopt. Indonesian or Malaysian? At least if he is willing to deal with a new language. But I just assume that.
If the question of learning Indonesian or Malaysian cannot be clearly clarified from the outset by the travel destination - z. B. because you are planning a round trip on the island of Borneo and want to pay a visit to Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei or because you simply cannot decide on one of the countries until the end - in addition to location-related reasons, further rational considerations are a possibility for a decision making.
If the question arises whether one of the two languages is more interesting or more attractive than the other, the unequivocal answer is: No! And that would then again tend to be subjective ...!
Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia) and Malaysian (Bahasa Malaysia) belong to the Malay languages (Bahasa Melayu). If you take a closer look at the two national languages, you can see that both are almost identical in terms of structure and pronunciation, but differ significantly in terms of vocabulary. For comparison, the difference is greater than forBritish and American Englishbut less than for Spanish and Portuguese. To put it in numbers, the two languages are linguistically 80% identical.
The added value of Indonesian (Bahasa Indonesia)
If you now go into the differences in more detail and are interested in the added value that is created by learning the languages, then there is still 3 main reasons to consider Bahasa Indonesia theBahasa Malaysiapreferable:
- The cultural diversity in Indonesia is far greater than in Malaysia.Bahasa Indonesia is the national language of 240 million inhabitants. Malaysia, on the other hand, has just under 30 million inhabitants. It should be noted, however, that Indonesia consists of around 17,500 islands, of which around 6,000 are inhabited. Around 360 different ethnic groups are distributed on these islands, of which only around 10%Bahasa Indonesia speak as mother tongue. Bahasa Indonesia however, it is at least mastered as a second language by the rest of the population and thus connects around 700 different indigenous languages in one nation. Nowhere else in one country are there more different cultures.
- There are far more books from Indonesian production. Anyone interested in the artistic aspect of languages will quickly find out that Indonesia publishes around 24,000 books in Bahasa Indonesia while Malaysia produces around 15,000 books, but only 80% of them in Bahasa Melayu are written.
- Bahasa Indonesia is comparatively more useful. Most Malaysians and Malay Singaporeans speak at least a little English. So you will survive there even if you don't say a single word Bahasa Malaysia speak. On the other hand, if you don't Bahasa Indonesia say, you will hardly get out of the touristically developed areas of Indonesia - i.e. the large cities and certain regions on Java, Bali and Lombok.
On the downside, for some, is that Bahasa Malaysia more pleasant to listen to than that Bahasa Indonesia. But that's probably a matter of taste.
One has Bahasa Indonesia Once mastered, the switch should be on Bahasa Malaysia turn out to be not particularly difficult.
Did I arouse your curiosity? Or did you want to learn Indonesian anyway and are you looking for instructions on how to best do it? Take a look at mine Learn Indonesian-Site and you can save yourself the further search. There you will find all the important aids that you need to successfully learn the language.
Did I not convince you? Then I'll ask you another question: Did you already know that Indonesian is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world? Do not you think? In my article The 10 most widely spoken languages in the world you will find out why this is so.
- Are SQL developers in demand in 2019
- How can I correct my past mistakes?
- What does belief in God mean
- What happened to Daniel in the Bible
- Why are so many Uber drivers male
- What are the easiest classes at MIT
- Why do I feel so emotionally numb
- What is acetone pH
- What are some mantras to pacify Rahu?
- Do the Vietnamese know the Chinese dream
- What do Americans use as ID
- Should kiss 11 year olds
- How are you an adult 1
- What are the subjects in grade 9
- What is manners and customs
- What is a recall in the auto industry
- What does an industrial engineer do
- What is 3 + 2 8
- Which bonsai trees ripen quickly
- Boys can become girls
- Why does aging cause weakness
- What makes a person significant
- Why do my feet always hurt
- How many African countries produce cars 1
- What are hotel management services
- How does venison taste
- What do Koreans think of Mongols
- What are the hottest Canadian startups
- Are you unemployed How do you feel?
- Dhoni is the worst captain in India
- What are vegetarian carbohydrate free foods
- What is the life of the PSU officer
- How does home care help
- What is your opinion on grades