Muslim women shave themselves
Muslim rules and rituals
to eat and drink
What devout Muslims are allowed to eat and drink is clearly regulated: in the Koran and in the Sunna, the traditional words and actions of Muhammad. Alcohol is forbidden for Muslims, haram. This also applies to pork and meat from other carnivores, from carrion, sacrificial animals and from non-bled animals.
Meat is only "halal" if it comes from slaughtered animals. To do this, an adult Muslim must cut the animal's throat while fully conscious and let it bleed out. He should be directed towards Mecca, invoke Allah and cut the animal's throat with a sharpened blade so skillfully that it is not unnecessarily mistreated.
The Koran says that women should cover up their charms. Upper body and hair should be covered and the body shape should not be clearly visible through loose-fitting clothing. In this way, according to the interpretation of the scribes, women are protected from the eager looks of men and their dignity is preserved.
The Koran knows only a few rules for men: their clothes should be based on the model of Muhammad, they should be simple and well-groomed. Jewelry and western clothing are not welcomed.
In the early morning, at noon, in the afternoon, in the evening and at nightfall - the devout Muslim should pray a total of five times a day. He may combine midday and afternoon prayers as well as evening and night prayers. All he needs for prayer is a clean place. Many Muslims use a prayer rug and align it with Mecca. Before praying, they should clean themselves and take off their shoes.
The most important prayer for Muslims takes place on Friday noon in the mosque. It begins with a sermon, then the prayer leader, the imam, recites verses from the Koran. In a set order, the believers take seven postures one after the other. Each is associated with specific prayer texts. Friday prayer in the mosque is only compulsory for men; for women it is voluntary. They usually pray separately from the men.
A burial according to Islamic regulations is difficult for Muslims in Germany, as certain rituals are not allowed in most cemeteries. In Islam, the deceased should first be washed all over their bodies and their orifices closed. Then they should be wrapped in white cloths and, if possible, buried without a coffin on the day of death - but no later than the following day - with their faces turned towards Mecca.
In recent years, more and more Islamic grave fields have emerged in public cemeteries. At least some of them can be designed in accordance with Islamic regulations, for example by facing the graves towards Mecca. A burial without a coffin is seldom possible. In addition, it is not customary in Islam to dig the graves after a certain period of time and to use them again. Because of these restrictions, many Muslims still have their deceased family members repatriated to their home countries.
- Why are IT companies hiring oil engineers
- Alexandria Ocasio Cortez will be re-elected
- Why are people against child labor
- Can you have mutton for breakfast
- How is Hinduism related to the caste?
- How are the buses actually numbered in Singapore
- Who owns the land within the railroad?
- What are the characteristics of human needs
- Why can't I bring soda to school
- How to prevent shrimp from overcooking
- How did Bogota Colombia get its name
- A heart rate of 130 is dangerous
- Which word has the most different letters
- How does venison taste
- Why should I study philosophy
- What is the absolute reason
- Is British Bacon Better Than American Bacon
- What names don't mean a name
- How is a dog day care center
- Is Wikipedia in danger of shutting down?
- What are the subjects of Mary Poppins
- I have an American accent
- What is the strength of a man
- Is re-invoicing legal in the offshore sector?
- Are Asian men attracted to you
- How is the night life in Spain
- What is the inflation premium
- Who was Cain's wife 1
- How does rain affect a concrete roof?
- How is Elon Musk personally
- Will losing weight help me swim faster
- How are the prices for supply chain finance services set?
- What is narcissistic anger
- All schizophrenic hallucinations are scary