What is acetone pH
What is acetone
Acetone is an organic solution. It is the oxidation product of secondary alcohols. As you can imagine, it is possible that the acetone is available in different qualities. Technical acetone defines nothing more than a certain degree of purity. Overall, a distinction is made between different qualities of purity:
- raw (crudum)
- for synthesis
- pure (purum)
- pure (puriss, purissimum)
- for analysis (analytically pure, pro analysi or p. a.)
The degree of purity according to the pharmacopoeia
The degree of purity changes from less pure (raw, crudum) to “for analysis p. a. "better. In addition, there are other clearly defined degrees of purity. These are laid down in so-called pharmacopoeias. These are designated differently depending on the area of application:
- Pharmacopoeia Europaea Ph. Eur.
- United States Pharmacopeia USP-NF
Theoretically, acetone can correspond to all specified degrees of purity. However, acetone is technically common, with acetone Ph. Eur. Or Acetone p. a. Is quite common. It mainly depends on the use and requirements. Especially in chemical syntheses such as the production of acrylic, the acetone must of course have a clearly defined degree of purity.
Acetone is mostly technically sufficient
Technical acetone should be completely sufficient for "home use" by do-it-yourselfers or everyday use by most craftsmen. Acetone is often offered as acetone 99 percent and chemically pure.
Acetone cost by degree of purity
The purer the acetone, the more expensive it is to manufacture and therefore also to be sold. Therefore, technical acetone is completely sufficient economically for most applications. Especially since it is not uncommon for the acetone to be diluted anyway.
Although acetone is not carcinogenic, as is often assumed, it can lead to serious damage (when inhaled, in the eyes, when swallowed). Acetone on the skin does not only have a drying and embrittling effect. The acetone is absorbed in this way and gets into the blood; Doctors were able to detect acetone in the blood and spinal cord after skin contact.
- Enjoy visiting Cairo Egypt
- Is the Indian cuisine nutritionally complete
- How much does SPSS
- What are some characteristics of Gen Z.
- What two things could you live without
- Have you visited Lake Tahoe California?
- What is Generation Z doing right?
- How do I improve technical probing skills
- From what age does the middle age begin
- What are some amazing examples of resilience
- Who created Allah
- Who was the audience of the gospel of Luke
- What is a subscription service launch
- When is an independent contractor an employee
- Why do people wear sweaters with shorts
- Why do companies offer internships
- Why does ozone gas smell like fish?
- What is it like to live in Argentina
- What problems are there that need solutions, why
- Did automation make the job worse or better
- What fashion trends are happening right now
- How do I start my PC laptop
- What are Australians doing well
- Anti-auto policies can have economic consequences
- Culture is good at SRM
- Has a chiropractor ever helped you
- What are the best methods for memorizing the Quran
- What are some benefits of Taiwan citizenship
- What drives someone to buy luxury products
- How do I deal with life changing situations
- What's wrong with white bread
- Opportunities for event management companies
- What does it mean to wring your neck