Why is trigonometry called trigonometry
Part of speech: noun, (Female)Hyphenation:
- Tri | go | no | me | t | rie, no plural
- IPA: [ˌTʁiɡonomeˈtʁiː]
- 1) Mathematics, geometry: sub-area that deals with the calculation and determination of the missing unknown quantities (angles, side lengths) of a given triangle
- of Greek trígonon - triangle and métron - measure
- Geometry, math
- 1) While classical geometry operates with algebraic functions, the trigonometry with transcendent functions.
- 1) in the (application of) trigonometry In the sixties, tables were still used instead of today's pocket calculators with trigonometric functions.
- leveltrigonometry, sphericaltrigonometry
- Nominative: singular trigonometry; Plural —
- Genitive: singular trigonometry; Plural —
- Dative: singular trigonometry; Plural —
- Accusative: singular trigonometry; Plural —
- Arabic: 1) علم المثلثات
- English: 1) trigonometry
- Esperanto: 1) trigonometrio
- Estonian:: 1) trigonomeetria
- French: 1) trigonometry (Female)
- Georgian: 1) ტრიგონომეტრია (trigonometria)
- Italian: 1) trigonometria (Female)
- Kurmanji: 1) trîgonometrî (Female)
- Swedish: 1) trigonometri
- Spanish: 1) trigonometría (Female)
- Vietnamese: 1) lượng giác
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„Two art historians are convinced of this and, with their exhibition in the Czech Cultural Center in Berlin, they show how much design is so important in these countries trigonometry aligned '.“
Deutschlandradio, November 29, 2018
„With version 10.1909.1.0 of the app, the calculator will offer additional operations for scientific mode trigonometry, Statistics and other tasks.“
WindowsArea.de, October 16, 2019
„In old age he also wrote important books on art theory, which mainly focused on perspective, geometry and the trigonometry to treat.“
Tatoeba.org set example 1328744
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Entries from our dictionary containing "trigonometry":
geometry: Mathematics Subordinate terms: 1) Trigonometry, analytical geometry, synthetic geometry Examples of use: 1) In mathematics lessons we now deal with geometry
Gon:… 1) The two straight lines enclose an angle of thirty degrees. Derived words: trigonometry, trigonometric, goniometry, goniometric, trigon, pentagon ...
Sine: Sinus (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular Sinus; Plural 1 sine; Plural 2 sines Genitive: singular sine; Plural 1 sine; Plural 2 sines dative: ...
tangent: Mathematics: a mathematical function of trigonometry Abbreviation: 1) mathematical: tan Origin of the term: Latin tangere "touch" (present participle: tangent); see
cosine: …1. Variant [ˈkoːzinuːs] Meaning of the word / definition: 1) Mathematics: a function that plays a central role in trigonometry and the ratio of the length of the adjacent to ...
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Trigonometry" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (5/20/2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Trigonometrie/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "trigonometry" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Trigraph (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular trigraf; Plural trigraphs genitive: singular ...
Trigraphs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tri | gra | fen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tʁiˈɡʁaːfn̩]…
Trigraphs (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Tri | grafs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [tʀiˈɡʀaːfs]…
Trigraph (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular trigraph; Plural trigraphs genitive: singular ...
Trigrapheme (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular trigraphem; Plural trigraphems genitive: singular ...
Trigraphemes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tri | gra | phe | me Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Trigraphemes (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Tri | gra | phe | men Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Trigraphems (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Tri | gra | phems Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Trigraphs (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Secondary Forms: Genitive Singular: Trigraphs Syllable Separation: Tri | gra | phen…
- What counts as the poverty line
- What should I do for BIM
- Is there a staging at Trump's rallies
- What exactly is a mantra
- How is RV PU college coaching
- Make INTJs good professors
- How can I overcome my nervousness
- What do you feel about your face
- Why is dignity important
- 20 20 cricket is boring
- Can social media be hacked?
- What are some basic principles of selling
- Are you a foreigner
- Are everything and nothing related
- Do you have a favorite beach
- What are your fastest lead generation options
- Why do people quit their job exactly
- In which cities will XFL teams be
- How can I stop the white discharge
- Why do we have mid-life crises
- White Americans are losing power
- Is pork like human meat
- What are some traditional foods from Venezuela
- What products are usually sold in Pakistan