What are gift ideas for terrible bosses
Doers & Managers: The 20 most beautiful executive offices
Just behind Jürgen Flimm, Torsten Oletzky, CEO of the Ergo Insurance Group, is on the podium.
Sometimes time stands still in his office. Then the 170-year-old grandfather clock by Belgian watchmaker Nicola-Marie Lhoest went on strike. When storms shake the administration tower of Düsseldorf's Ergo headquarters, the sensitive clockwork on the 26th floor gets out of step. "But that rarely happens," reassures Torsten Oletzky, 43, who has been CEO of the Ergo Insurance Group since 2008, 99.6 percent of which is owned by Munich reinsurer Munich Re. With more than 50,000 employees and almost 18 billion euros in premium income, the Ergo Group is the third largest primary insurer in Germany after Allianz and Generali Deutschland. In order to establish the brand even more firmly in the market, the group subsidiaries Hamburg-Mannheimer and KarstadtQuelle will also acquire insurance under the Ergo logo from next year. Only the D.A.S. and the DKV keep their original name. “I started with 17 square meters and have now landed at around 50 square meters,” says the business economist and ex-McKinsey consultant, describing his career path from the student dorm to the executive office. The furniture there no longer comes from Ikea, but from the Swiss furniture manufacturer USM-Haller. From the continuously adjustable standing desk, Oletzky can see the Rhine, and on a clear day he can even see Cologne. A digital photo frame shows pictures of his family - with changing motifs: sometimes during carnival, sometimes on vacation - but suddenly 1. FC Köln appears. "A little bit of local patriotism shouldn't be missing in Düsseldorf", says the Cologne-born football fan. He points to "Hennes VIII." The billy goat - mascot of the Cologne football team - has a permanent standing place as a stuffed animal under the pictures of the Füssen artist Günther Förg.
Text: Ulrich Groothuis; Michael Dannenmann for WirtschaftsWoche
On the following pages you can see which manager offices occupy positions 4-20 among wiwo.de readers ...
- How do electronic payment companies work
- Why do we study literature
- The US alienates its allies
- Is it normal to hate my husband?
- How do you feel about gay people?
- When did Indians come to America?
- Is Haruki Murakami's novel worth reading
- Which is more beautiful Spain or Italy
- Should the government offer free university education
- How much does Tuppence cost
- What are the career opportunities in management
- What is a good Christmas beer
- What makes a woman cute
- What are Rachmaninoff's most difficult pieces
- Have you ever been to London
- Is software engineering good for girls
- Foreigners think that Indians are dirty
- What Poughkeepsie NY is known for
- Is America Safe For Indians Now 1
- What does femininity mean to you
- Why do some people hate jazz music
- How many engineers are now unemployed
- Children should be disciplined
- What is beyond entrepreneurship
- How to say goodbye to a narcissist
- What's wrong with Kollywood
- Who is Idris Elba
- Why do soldiers use combat boots
- What are good boarding schools in the US
- Do you praise God daily
- Which characteristics are women biologically attracted to?
- What types of books get popular reviews
- What are some examples of carbohydrate foods
- What are the best cheap portuguese dishes