How to prevent bad body odor
How you combat the unpleasant halitosis depends on its cause. In the majority of cases, the trigger lies in the oral cavity. The right doctor for bad breath is first of all your dentist. If the problem cannot be found in the oral cavity, consult your family doctor or an ear, nose and throat specialist. If there is a disease behind it, for example diabetes, liver or kidney disease, doctors first treat this underlying disease. This should also eliminate bad breath. There are a few things you can do to get rid of bad breath. What is an effective help against bad breath? The 10 best bad breath remedies and supportive measures to treat bad breath include:
- Try to eliminate factors that slow down the flow of saliva and promote bad breath: stress, smoking, breathing through the mouth, drinking little during the day; Such simple measures can often also eliminate bad breath.
- Even if they are healthy and taste good, be careful with foods that cause bad breath, such as garlic, onions, radishes and leeks. • Pay attention to your alcohol and coffee consumption and do not smoke - this is how you can get rid of bad breath or prevent it.
- Eat Regularly! Frequent fasts or one-sided, low-carbohydrate diets promote bad breath.
- An effective remedy for bad breath is to have defects in your teeth, such as tooth decay, open root canals or leaky fillings, repaired; also get treated for gingivitis.
- Good oral hygiene is essential for bad breath: brush your teeth at least twice a day, use interdental brushes or floss; clean removable dentures and teeth with fixed braces well; With the right oral and dental care, bad breath can often be avoided.
- Toothpaste containing tin fluoride or zinc can also be effective against bad breath in the short term. The substances have an antimicrobial effect or bind sulfur-containing odor particles; do not rinse with water after brushing your teeth!
- Professional tooth cleaning (PZR) at the dentist: It removes stubborn plaques even in hard-to-reach places; a professional cleans, smooths, polishes and seals the teeth with fluoride.
- Tongue cleaning: A clean tongue is one of the best tips against bad breath, because the tongue is a paradise for bacteria. Tongue scrapers and tongue brushes reduce the number of germs on the back of the tongue; an alternative is professional tongue cleaning at the dentist's.
- Medication against bad breath from the pharmacy: Mouth rinses with chlorhexidine gluconate, zinc chloride, cetyl pyridine chloride (CPC), hydrogen peroxide, triclosan, amine fluoride and tin fluoride are considered effective against bad breath. Pharmacies offer a wide variety of different products.
- Pharmacies, drugstores and the Internet mail order business also offer help if the bad breath comes from the stomach. Heartburn and reflux disease can cause bad breath.
Home remedies for bad breath
Many rely on home remedies for bad breath. However, some of the tried and tested home remedies are not for everyone. First aid against bad breath offers the following measures:
- Chewing coffee beans: the ingredients of the coffee bean neutralize the acidic taste that comes from the stomach when belching.
- Bad breath can also be eliminated with chlorophyll: chewing gum against bad breath, which contains the green pigment from plants, is commercially available.
- Soda helps coffee drinkers, smokers and garlic lovers. The tried and tested home remedy neutralizes odors and acids. Make a solution of a teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of water and rinse your mouth vigorously with it.
- Lemon: Bite into a piece of fresh lemon or rinse your mouth with lemon juice. Citric acid is a good help against bad breath. But be careful: do not use lemon too often, because the acid attacks the tooth enamel. Then wait an hour or two before brushing your teeth.
- Eat natural yoghurt: It contains lactic acid bacteria that reduce the sulfur compounds in the mouth and slow down the growth of bacteria.
Parsley against bad breath
Many consider parsley just a nice accessory on their plate. The green plant is a good home remedy for bad breath. It contains chlorophyll, which works with essential oils to remove stink in the mouth. Parsley against bad breath helps if you are a smoker, have eaten garlic or onions, among other things. Just chew some leaves. Fennel also makes your breath fresh again.
Ginger against bad breath
Ginger is a tried and tested home remedy for bad breath. The root contains many essential oils that neutralize bad smelling breath. You can use ginger as a tea against bad breath: cut off a few slices and brew them with hot water, then let them steep for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can chew thin slices of ginger, but be careful: ginger is hot! Black tea is also said to provide relief.
Olive oil against bad breath
Oil pulling is an ancient home remedy for bad breath. Put a tablespoon of olive oil in your mouth and toss it back and forth for a few minutes. Pull the olive oil through the spaces between your teeth as well. Olive oil binds bad smelling substances and reduces the growth of bacteria in the mouth. It is said that regular oil pulling protects against plaque and tooth decay due to its antibacterial effect. Because both are often the cause of stiff breath, you can also use oil pulling to prevent bad breath.
Bad breath in children
Bad breath in children is less common than in adults. Around ten to 15 percent of children suffer from bad breath. As with adults, poor oral and dental hygiene and a dry mouth are often the causes of bad breath in toddlers. But organic diseases can also be the trigger. Then the bad breath does not go away in children despite brushing their teeth. Parents with affected offspring should go to the pediatrician or dentist.
Bad breath in toddlers and children - possible causes
- severe tooth decay • poor oral hygiene: your child does not brush their teeth properly; Above all, if your child wears fixed braces, it is extremely important to brush properly.
- Dry mouth: Your child drinks too little during the day and prefers to breathe through the mouth at night.
- Infectious diseases such as glandular fever, tonsillitis, pharyngitis (e.g. streptococcal angina, viral infections).
- Sinusitis, which often occurs in combination with dental infections or an infection of the maxillary sinus.
- Inflammation of the oral mucosa, for example in the context of foot and mouth disease or oral rot.
- Nasal polyps.
- Type 1 Diabetes: This type of diabetes starts at a young age; a sweetish halitosis can be a sign.
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa: Starvation, fasting and a reduced intake of carbohydrates cause bad breath; the breath smells like acetone.
- Bad breath in young children: Foreign objects in the nose can cause inflammation; then it is difficult to breathe.
Bad breath in babies - that can be behind it
Does your baby have bad breath? Then it will probably get its first milk teeth. The first pearly whites emerge between the sixth and eighth month of life. By the third birthday, all 20 milk teeth are usually complete. When teething, most babies are restless, the gums redden, are tender and itchy. It also stimulates the flow of saliva. Bad breath when teething is not uncommon. If your baby has bad breath, the following could also be responsible:
- Your baby will spit more often or drink too little.
- Like older children, babies can develop tooth decay if their teeth have already erupted.
- Sometimes the bad breath is caused by infections (e.g. cold, tonsillitis, sore throat, sinus infections) or congenital diabetes.
If the bad breath persists for a long time, it is better to take your baby to the doctor to rule out diseases. If you tap teething as the cause, this is not necessary - the bad breath will go away by itself.
- Why don't the Irish like England
- Why is Breaking Bad so exaggerated
- People are your greatest treasure
- Why do people still use Skype
- What are the criteria for forensics
- What is the staple food of Thailand
- What does 5 inflation mean
- Why should you use a smartphone
- What was the last album you bought
- Who made the best swords
- Chemical engineers receive a high income
- Political correctness is deadly
- Can someone become a billionaire
- I am Muslim Why did Allah create women
- Which other countries give birthright citizenship
- Where does love go when it dies
- What's wrong with cashless transactions
- Where is Islam practiced?
- What are the main Dutch faux pas Amsterdam
- What is lumbar radiculopathy
- Are religions as true as science
- How local detectives are spying on you
- Are long hugs for friends
- What Poughkeepsie NY is known for