Who is the poorest person in Dubai
The history of Dubai in modern times
The discovery of oil deposits on the ruling territory went hand in hand with far-reaching changes. The entire development of the emirate accelerated massively and the city of Dubai transformed into a modern metropolis within a few years. If life was previously shaped by pearls, dates, fish, farm animals and trade, now oil was the determining social mainspring. Until the 1960s, the majority of the population lived in rather poor conditions, in which running water and electricity were not freely accessible to everyone, followed by a sudden change to a higher standard of living.
With the withdrawal of British troops in 1971, the Emirates were faced with a completely new task. The administration, which was previously firmly in British hands, now had to be carried out by the individual states. Development projects, education, national defense, but also the development of a modern administration were important. In July 1971 the Emirates decided to merge into a federation, the UAE, which still exists today. This federation pursues a common foreign, financial and defense policy. At the same time, each emirate has additional internal laws that are not affected by the judiciary of the UAE and differ greatly from emirate to emirate. Compared to western states, there are profound differences in terms of state organization. The UAE is a strictly Muslim country.
The income from oil exports was used in Dubai to expand the infrastructure, the social and educational system, but also to expand the connection by air. When it became apparent that more and more people would populate the city of Dubai, an urban development plan was drawn up. Dubai is one of the few cities in the world that has actually been completely expanded according to its original city map.
Today, the main aim in Dubai is to protect itself from the dependence on foreign markets, which has always determined the economy. In view of the depletion of the oil reserves, the government is making efforts to promote other economic fields such as tourism, the financial sector and trade.
- What do Cambodians eat for breakfast?
- Children can be ripe forever
- I really flirt with everyone
- Who deserves more CEO CMO or COO
- Where do people run in Kunming
- Singapore is a totalitarian state
- Can be reversed 100 stiff posture
- How's the dating in Montreal
- Who will win the PSL 2020?
- What are the worst airlines of 2019
- Which states have banned abortion?
- How do business consultants research
- SAT is compulsory to attend Australian universities
- Asians see Russians as Asians too
- Why don't some people have breakfast
- What is a KT in IT companies
- Are hot dogs beef or pork
- How do I stop eating skin
- How did YOU learn Finnish
- Who can arrest a judge
- What is the greatest quality of humanity
- Like boys, sweet girls
- What is French Polynesia
- How can I get my baby to sleep?