How many different thoughts can a person express?
Not being able to express yourself can be harmful
Last update: May 28, 2020
You have probably already found yourself in situations in which you find yourself not express could. You were either told not to speak or you simply felt it.
Sometimes you have probably been silent without even realizing it. In this article we are going to talk about how you feel express can. You will see what it is about, why not expressing yourself can do more harm than good, and how to deal with it.
Secrets and the inability to say anything can lead to unhealthy interactions with yourself, others, and the world around you.
Why can't you talk about it
This can happen in any situation. On the one hand, you are told not to speak based on the opinions of others. On the other hand, you can't talk about something you're interested in, but people won't tell you why. There are also family secrets that shouldn't be shared. These experiences can be traumatic and, as a result, limit your ability to to make you understandable.
It turns out that even if you don't talk about certain things, these things persist. In this way, feelings, behaviors and thoughts are also preserved. Why? Since people have different ways of communication and although verbal communication is not there, the non-verbal remains nonetheless.
It's worth mentioning at this point that not everyone who says you can't talk about something is mean. Sometimes, and quite unconsciously, you can talk about something and hurt someone without actually wanting to. In return, it can happen that some want to hurt youby preventing you from expressing yourself and forbid you to talk or make fun of the way you do it. Others want to protect you and hurt you in the process without even knowing it.
Not being able to express yourself can be harmful
In this context, silence can be harmful as it prevents your brain from expressing ideas beyond your internal language. Don't you sometimes feel like you're about to explode if you can't tell others something?
When others do not allow you to express yourself, they are voiding your freedom of speech. Sometimes we need to stay calm, especially when the other person is having a hard time. However, if you do this all the time, Do you feel unimportant in the end?and your silence becomes an obstacle between helping others and protecting your rights.
In other situations, you may be afraid to speak. Especially when you feel ashamed or hurt. However, it is important that you talk about it in order to let go of it and learn from it. If you don't go through this process, you will relive and worry about these moments over and over again.
However, there are other situations where secrets are kept, to make people happy. But it doesn't. People have other ways to uncover things or they won't be able to take on other challenges because they know something is happening but they don't really know what it is.
How to deal with similar situations
- Express how you feel. You don't need to do this by talking about it. Because you can also do things such as art, Move, meditation fall back and connect your emotions with those of others.
- Please and seek help. Regardless of whether it is professional help, such as a psychologist, or people close to you. Seeking help is not a bad thing. On the other hand, it is harmful not to do anything about feeling sad or helpless.
- Work on your resilience. Because it is possible to move forward. How? By working on your problems and giving your experiences a new perspective that is filled with learning.
- Set boundaries. If something hurts you, let the others know. This is a way to protect yourself and show others that something is bothering you.
On the other hand, if you have any suspicions, ask the other person to tell you what's going on. That way, you can help her share her burden. That way you will be prepared for it and Establish a strategy to manage the pain.
What we cannot express can cause us great pain. As you can see, there are many ways to express yourself and feel liberated.
Remember that people who don't allow you to express yourself don't always want to hurt you. But they may do so anyway. Hence, it is important to make the invisible visible in an assertive way. Use the strategies, skills and attitudes that we have presented to you here.You might be interested in ...
- When did a child make you cry?
- What do Chinese Vietnamese look like
- What animals eat garden snakes
- Is Jimmy Wales Donald Trump
- Why are there public libraries at all
- How is demography related to sociology?
- What is a forecast balance sheet
- Are dogs naturally afraid of wolves?
- Why was the Brexit vote a referendum
- What is a mirror in your life
- All general topics for my speech
- How does your morning begin
- How hard is life in the USA
- Can I get vacation in government jobs
- Feels jealously good for a student
- Does inflation lead to GDP growth
- Why should I travel to South Africa
- How can you build an index fund?
- Why are TN government doctors on strike
- Can a university professor change the curriculum?
- People with ADHD talk a lot
- How good is good
- Which is the dirtiest city in Romania
- What are some examples of economic institutions