What is hip replacement surgery about?
EU commissioner criticizes “oversupply” in the German health care system
Monday 29 October 2018
Berlin - The EU Commission has asked Germany to be more disciplined in terms of costs in the healthcare system. "Germany spends 11.2 percent of its gross domestic product on health - that is the top figure in the EU," said EU Health Commissioner Vytenis Andriukaitis world. Per capita, 3,996 euros would be invested in health every year - 43 percent more than the EU average.
Germany also has the highest density of hospital beds. "On the other hand, the average life expectancy is 80.7 years - that is 18th place in the EU," said Andriukaitis. "That means that in Germany the highest health expenditure does not lead to the highest life expectancy." This is "remarkable".
The figures indicated that "the resources in the German health system should be used more efficiently," said the EU health commissioner. This applies above all to the inpatient area, where there is “partial oversupply”, “which gives cause for corrections”. For example, inpatient services could be relocated more to the outpatient area.
Deutsches Ärzteblatt print
Germany also has by far the highest per capita rate of hip replacement operations and magnetic resonance imaging. This raises "concerns about oversupply of services and the adequacy of care," Andriukaitis said. Overall, however, access to medical services in Germany is "very good". © afp / aerzteblatt.de
Find out every day (Monday to Friday) by e-mail about current events in health policy and medicine. Order the free newsletter of the Deutsches Ärzteblatt.
Always be up to date without chasing after information: The daily updated newsletter
- Is the moisture bad for your lungs?
- Which startups hire non-technical remote workers?
- Why are immigration restrictions a thing
- What is the hierarchy at ey
- How complicated is life for you
- What are some forms of sword fighting
- How many different thoughts can a person express?
- How much does an orthodontist earn
- Why is Montreal colder than Toronto
- What databases should a private investigator have?
- Has UK ID cards
- What does AM on time mean
- How can I stop being a tomboy?
- How can we repeal the tariff laws
- What influences dreams 1
- What is congenital scoliosis
- Should Facebook pay more taxes
- What is a cognac
- Why do we live and die
- How would you always remember Yuvraj Singh
- Why does the state control
- How do divorced women live in Dubai
- How can I reduce calf muscle lumps
- Is almond good for the face
- What country has no Christians
- Still carry cash how much
- How thoroughbred the Rothschilds would be
- How do you prepare quinoa
- What is an entrepreneur 5
- What is n mm2
- Is Germany a clean country?
- Will NRTI offer a placement
- How is dating a Russian man