When should I hire a housekeeper?
6 tasks that a domestic help should not do
Determining the job profile of your domestic help is not always easy. First of all, in the first step you should make it clear which tasks are usually taken over by a cleaning aid. The basic tasks include: vacuuming, dusting, mopping the floor, surface cleaning in the kitchen and bathroom.
If you hire a domestic help, you should explain to her at an early stage - preferably during the interview - what you expect from her. To help you, we have put together a list of six activities that a domestic help does not have to do, except for an extra fee.
1. Tidying up before cleaning
If you employ a cleaning helper within a certain time frame, use the time wisely. Before doing this, pick up any clothes that have been lying around and put the used dishes aside. In this way, the domestic help can concentrate on cleaning your apartment and does not have to remove all the things that prevent them from doing so.
2. Do personal errands
Have you ever asked your housekeeper to do your grocery shopping, take care of your baby or dog, or pick up your children from school? These things are not part of the job of a domestic help. But if you want to hire such an all-rounder, then clearly state in your job advertisement that you are looking for and paying someone with additional qualifications.
3. Lift heavy things
Carrying moving boxes or moving heavy furniture are definitely no-gos. After all, you don't want your housekeeper to get hurt. Such work should be done by professional removal workers.
Whether on the work surface or balancing on a chair, your domestic help shouldn't have to be a climber to get the job done. Here, too, the risk is too great that she could injure herself in a fall. Make sure that such work (e.g. cleaning windows) is either carried out by qualified personnel or that your domestic help is sufficiently safe while she is doing such activities.
In no case should you expect your housekeeper to cook meals for your family. If you are looking for someone to do this, consider hiring a full time housekeeper to take care of all of the household chores. Domestic helpers usually work for several families at the same time, so they usually do not have the time to swing the wooden spoon at your place.
6. Additional duties
Things like cleaning the refrigerator or windows, cleaning the oven or doing the laundry are not part of the repertoire of most cleaning aids. Be prepared to pay extra for these tasks. Find out here which additional tasks can be performed by domestic help.
Of course, you can suggest to your domestic help at any time if necessary to take on more responsibility and tasks. Of course, this will also play a role in negotiating the hourly wage.
- Is NPS a good investment option
- What do Koreans think of Mongols
- What do rich people drink
- What are the basic hacks in life
- Who was Field Marshal William Joseph Slim
- What is Salah in Islam
- Affiliate companies can open a savings account
- Which US city has the worst police force?
- Healthy food can also taste good
- Do the USA still issue L1 visas
- What scares people most
- Why does ozone gas smell like fish?
- How do Romanian men treat their women
- Which job in the army is safe enough
- What is library management
- How do you cure stage IV endometriosis
- Is engineering the dream job 1
- What is BIM modeling
- What was your worst faux pas
- How was your first day in YOU
- Which gadget should I buy in 2020
- What is the first documented infant baptism
- How can I learn more about building
- Which perfume can I buy for women?