Who is the founder of trigonometry 1
Hipparchus of Nicaea
Hipparchus (180 - 125 BC) is best known for his contributions to astronomy. For example, he determined the duration of a year to within 6.5 minutes, the inclination of the ecliptic, i.e. the angle between the annual solar orbit and the celestial equator, the annual precession of the equinox, i.e. the intersection between the solar orbit and celestial equator, to 46 '' (modern Value: 50.26 ''), the parallax of the moon and the eccentricity of the sun's orbit. He observed a nova for the first time in Europe and knew that the moon was only approximately in a circular orbit and suggested epicycles as a better approximation for its orbit (and the orbits of the planets).
Hipparchus also put together the most extensive star catalog of antiquity, in which 1080 fixed stars were recorded in 49 constellations, which he already divided into 6 size classes, and which the British astronomer Halley still used. In contrast, only 1022 fixed stars appear in the Almagest of Ptolemy.
Hipparchus was the founder of the trigonometry, and, as an aid for his astronomical calculations, set up the first table for the chord length in a circle as a function of the central angle Chord board. Here he used formulas that we would write today as addition theorem for the sine and in the form, but without explicitly knowing these trigonometric functions. From the Babylonians he took over the sexagesimal system, which has been preserved to this day in the degree measurement, in which a full circle in (degrees),
- What is K Y C.
- Raw oil goes bad
- How are the salaries in Romania
- What defines western culture
- What is the conclusion of globalization
- Why do we sleep with a blanket
- Workers are employees
- How have cultures celebrated femininity?
- What skill will forever be in demand
- Are there sex workers in Bhubaneswar
- How can the European economy be analyzed
- Are there any jobs in Australia without taxes
- Which is the best falls near Varanasi
- Can I stop paying into social security?
- What is it like to live in Baghdad?
- Can a Chiropractor Help Improve My Posture
- What's the best race so far
- Why are Korean girls big
- Has anyone ever followed you badly?
- How do you deal with parental burnout
- What areas are there in Greater London?
- Why don't you want to save money
- How can rotten teeth affect your body
- What is the American Revolution