How can I be successful in a career
Career advancement: eleven golden rules for a career
Success in the job does not fall from the sky. However, those wishing to move up must internalize some principles in order to be able to take their professional fate into their own hands. Here are the most important tips from motivational speakers, career coaches and HR professionals.
1. Gain experience
“Unlike about ten years ago, international experience and internships are an absolute must for anyone who wants to advance their careers. This is also due to the fact that other skills are in demand today, ”says Sörge Drosten, managing director of the personnel consultancy Kienbaum Executive Consultants International GmbH. “Large companies operate internationally, which is why you need intercultural understanding for the relevant regions. In addition, the management of virtual teams - i.e. employees who are not physically on site - is becoming increasingly important. ”According to Drosten, these skills can only be acquired“ on the job ”and on site abroad. "Job rotation in a large company also helps to understand organizations as a whole," says the expert.
2. Develop a flexible strategy
In the past, careers could be planned, today they are only possible to a limited extent. "Nobody can expect to advance more or less automatically two years after starting a job at a company," says career coach and bestselling author Martin Wehrle. In his opinion, it makes sense to have a so-called plan B ready for the next few years when starting a new job. “You always have to ask yourself: What do I do if I don't get promoted in this company? A career alternative is not only a permanent position at a competing company, but also going abroad, where my skills may be particularly in demand. The path to self-employment can also be a sensible alternative. "
3. Invest time in networks
Contacts that are made at training courses, congresses and evening events, as well as existing contacts with former colleagues and superiors, are of inestimable value for professional advancement. “It is crucial that the contacts are as widely spread as possible and not limited to the company in which you are currently working,” says Wehrle. People who have a wide range of professional contacts are more successful than others, as is also proven by an American study, according to which more than half of all engineers found a new job through a personal connection. Only 16 percent of the respondents described the intensity of the connection as "regular". In this case, mass comes before class.
- What is your favorite question about love
- Who sang the song Wicked Game in 1990
- How can I have a fearless demeanor
- Confident artificial intelligence is possible
- Which company uses cutting-edge technology
- Where do dentists work
- How does Amazon UPI
- Is birthright citizenship in the US Constitution
- European women in general shave
- What is an attractive privilege
- Why is French spoken in Bulgaria?
- How to date a Brazilian girl
- Why are values important in today's society
- Which is the best city for sex
- Are employee satisfaction surveys really confidential?
- How do you react correctly to confrontation
- There are a lot of fat, very rich people
- Ultra-rich people eat a lot
- Bronn is actually getting Highgarden now
- Who is your favorite movie dog
- Who discovered Great Britain
- Dogs are popular pets in Japan
- How does a person become a pedophile
- Covers or eliminates Febreze odors