Can one get used to physical pain?
Unclear physical complaints (functional body complaints)
The symptoms often improve within a few weeks, even without treatment. That is why doctors are initially reluctant to give treatments. In the case of minor complaints, they often only give tips on how to deal with the complaints in everyday life.
It is recommended
- to be physically active
- continue to participate in social life, meet friends and pursue hobbies,
- Recognizing overload and avoiding it as much as possible, resolving conflicts and rethinking how to deal with stress,
- to observe what helps to alleviate discomfort,
- Eating a healthy lifestyle and getting enough sleep, for example.
In certain situations, medication can also be an option. They come into question, for example, in the case of pain or gastrointestinal complaints - but usually only for a short time.
Sometimes the symptoms last longer or affect several organs and become a severe burden. Then psychotherapeutic support can be useful. Other approaches are possible in certain situations. These include, for example, physiotherapy, nutritional advice and. There is also the opportunity to try relaxation techniques or mindfulness training to cope better with stress.
Basically: It is more helpful to be active yourself than to concentrate on “passive” measures. The latter include, for example, massages: They are only recommended temporarily, if at all, and in addition to other methods. It makes more sense to look for activities that have a more lasting effect. This can be achieved, for example, with more exercise and stress management. This may take some effort and patience, but many get used to it quickly and feel better as a result. Sports activities should not be overwhelming, but above all be fun and offer positive experiences.
Patience is often required, especially with stubborn and stressful complaints. That's why it's often better to set small goals. It can make sense, above all, to work towards leading an active life despite the symptoms - that is, to stay active, to distract yourself and to initially only expect the symptoms to subside a little.
General practitioners are the main contact for the treatment of functional physical complaints. Many have the additional qualification “basic psychosomatic care”. This additional qualification provides training for dealing with patients with persistent complaints. If necessary, they coordinate the treatment with specialist practices or clinics.
- How many orphanages in Hyderabad need funding
- How many Eurofighters does Great Britain have
- What are you planning to do after an MBA
- It would be possible to kill God
- Is Hinduism a racist religion
- Where did the term drive come from?
- Why don't people work hard
- How to say sandwich in Vietnamese
- Green cards are easy to get
- What are the symptoms of male weakness
- Which is the biggest race in China
- How is student life in Bremen
- Which is better Goa or Bali
- What is Huawei English translation
- What can Pakistan do about Jammu Kashmir
- What is a Swedish massage
- How big were Princess Leia's breasts
- How do I start an app
- Should I keep my savings at ETH?
- Expect a recession by 2020
- How dangerous is Belgium
- What is the best career for engineers
- Offers citizenship to China foreigners
- What do Australians think of Trump's presidency?