What missed the predictions about global climate change
World misses Paris climate target
The current goals and promises of governments around the world to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are insufficient to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius. According to researchers, global warming would be 2.4 degrees Celsius by the end of the century compared to pre-industrial times. This is shown by the Statista graphic based on the current forecast of the Climate Action Tracker (CAT) analysis project. If the goals and promises were not implemented and the status quo persisted, the global average temperature in 2100 would even be +2.9 degrees Celsius. In an optimistic scenario with increased climate protection efforts, global warming would still amount to two degrees.
A high concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere restricts the heat emitted by the earth from escaping into space. The result: temperatures on earth are rising. Global warming can be measured, among other things, by the anomalies of the global average continental temperatures. Temperature anomalies are deviations in temperature that are measured using calculated long-term temperature averages.
The forecast is based on data from 32 countries, which together are responsible for around 80% of global emissions. The CAT is created by the New Climate Institute and Climate Analytics as well as the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK). The website was launched in November 2009. The CAT is financed by the European Climate Foundation. The results of the CAT are published in scientific journals, among others.
- What is a mixed capitalist economy
- Is there a maximum age for retirement?
- Why did Singapore maintain the racial relationship
- Should I learn Icelandic
- How is the living wage calculated
- Anesthesiologists prescribe medication like regular doctors
- What is the largest US aircraft carrier
- What's a good salary in Mumbai
- Why does amoxicillin smell so bad
- How do you deal with noise
- Who produced the movie Avengers Infinity War
- Is the Nintendo Wii out of date
- Why is India overpopulated
- How is it that all countries are indebted
- Did anyone leave IBM 1 year ago
- What does MNC mean in companies
- Has western culture ruined our traditions
- Why should I choose hospitality management?
- How convinced Donald Trump
- What is it like to work at Bain
- What is an ethnicity to whites
- Which countries are under an authoritarian regime?
- What do you expect from life
- Who was the last Egyptian pharaoh
- Do I have phimosis 1
- American Muslims celebrate Thanksgiving
- Is there a ghost with me
- Which is best Lisinopril or Amlodiprine
- Which lifestyle do you prefer and why
- What is the UK national dish
- What is the opposite of an antihero
- Why are some attractive people introverted?