A visa for Albania is required
Welcome to the website of the Federal Foreign Office
1. Visa processing and visa-free entry
Visas can currently only be issued if the intended entry is absolutely necessary. When an imperative to enter the country can be accepted is explained in German, English and French on the website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Building and Home Affairs under "Coronavirus: Questions and Answers" and there under "Travel restrictions / border controls":
The same applies to the visa-free entry into the federal territory for Albanian citizens.
2. Simplified reissue of visas
I. National visas (for long-term stays; D visa)
The existing entry restrictions and local exit restrictions may mean that it was not possible to use the national visa issued by the Tirana Embassy before the entry restrictions came into force on March 17, 2020 within the scope of the validity period.
Since entry is now possible again for some visa categories, a new national visa can be issued on request in a simplified procedure. The prerequisite is that only the travel date has changed, but not the purpose or place of stay.
This does not apply to visas that were issued for taking up gainful employment in accordance with Section 26 (2) Employment Ordinance or for looking for a job. Entry for this group of people is not possible until further notice.
The informal application for a simplified new issue must be submitted by December 31, 2020 including at the embassy in Tirana. The contact form or the email address: [email protected] can be used for this. If necessary, current documents must be submitted that prove that the requirements that led to the original visa being issued continue to be met. A new personal interview or appointment booking is generally not necessary.
II. Schengen visa (for short-term stays up to 90 days; C visa)
A simplified new issue for Schengen visas (stays of up to 90 days within 180 days) is currently not possible.
3. Entry restrictions
For Germany, travel restrictions apply when entering from many countries. These are issued by the Federal Ministry of the Interior. Before you travel, please also contact the Federal Ministry of the Interior to find out which individual regulations apply to the country from which you are entering Germany.
In principle, entry is possible from:
- EU member states
- Schengen-associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Other countries from which entry is made possible due to the epidemiological assessment of the situation by the EU (positive list)
Entry from other countries is only possible in exceptional cases. The prerequisite is that there is an absolute necessity.
4. Quarantine regulations and Covid-19 tests
The spread of COVID-19 continues to lead to restrictions in international air and travel traffic and impairment of public life. The risk that you will no longer be able to make your entry, transit or return journey due to increasing restrictions is currently high in many destinations.
Due to the positive epidemiological situation, Albania is no longer a risk area for Covid-19 from Sunday, May 9, from a German perspective. The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) has adapted this on its website.
Important: The previous entry restrictions will not change anything. Furthermore, based on an EU recommendation, people who are resident in Albania are only allowed to enter Germany or the EU if they perform an important function or if their trip is absolutely necessary! As before, purely tourist trips from Albania to Germany are not possible for the time being. Further information can be found on this website.
For those arriving from Albania, this only makes the formalities of entry easier - by 19 May at the latest, the digital entry registration and the mandatory quarantine will be omitted. For travelers arriving in Germany by plane, however, there is still an obligation to test before departure (PCR or antigen test must not be older than 48 hours).
In general, quarantine regulations are issued in Germany by the individual federal states. Please read the quarantine / test regulations applicable in your destination state carefully before entering the country; Information on this can be found on the website of the state health ministries or senate administrations. You can find support for finding the responsible contact person in the local health authorities here: https://tools.rki.de/plztool. Travelers can also find more information on the website of the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Why does Yelp not allow reviews without reviews
- What do you think of the JEE
- Why do the Melanesians resemble the Africans
- How do prosecutors and defendants differ?
- What do you think of teen dating
- Which hospital equipment can be improved
- How are the buses actually numbered in Singapore
- How much space do stairs take up
- What is the richest city in Belgium
- How do teenagers change
- How do I get more parishioners
- Why are actuaries paid well
- How to convert between number systems
- Are Australian foods delicious
- Who are consumers
- What is the basic philosophy of Islam
- Why are food allergies insignificant in India
- Is com really important
- What is the best JS framework
- What's going on in Rio de Janeiro
- Koreans look down on the Vietnamese
- Why do people make pebble houses
- Why should metal music stay underground?
- How was Elia Martell killed
- Is Ubud Bali Safe
- Why do we use excess 3 code
- How's the Canton Fair
- How do you print documents at Staples
- How does Christmas smell to you
- Why do DJs talk about the music
- How can I give a best speech
- How does handwriting recognition work
- All narcissists were furious
- How can I stop expecting everyone