Are insects animals
Federal Agency for Nature Conservation BfN
Scientists estimate that there are just under a trillion insects in the world - an incredibly large crowd. Three quarters of all living things on earth (including plants and fungi) are insects. More than a million insect species are known to date - but it is estimated that there are more than 6 million different insect species in total. 33,000 insect species are native to Germany alone.
At home almost everywhere
Insects have been around for 350 million years - plenty of time to develop and adapt. The insects have done this so well that today they live almost everywhere on and under the earth - just not in the oceans.
Physique of the insect
Insects are articulated animals. Each insect body is divided into three parts: head, chest and abdomen. All insects have six legs. This is how you can always recognize insects. If you count more than six legs on a small animal, it is not an insect. In addition, all adult insects have antennae and most have wings.
Insects are invertebrates. This means that they do not have an inner skeleton, but a solid outer skin, the chitin shell. It supports the body and holds it together. Insects don't have a circulatory system like we do. Instead of going through veins and veins, the insect's blood simply flows through the body's cavities. Insect blood is usually not red either - there is colorless, yellow and even green insect blood.
- What is a treatment for lumbar spine stenosis
- Why do many people hate broccoli
- What makes you live the life
- I am an accountant. Will AI replace me
- What was your greatest difficulty in life
- Are dentures better or worse than implants
- Which countries are surprisingly dangerous to visit?
- What are Australians doing well
- Can I run an e-commerce business offshore?
- Is c the best programming language
- How does your company use web scraping
- Singapore has a different season than summer
- What do they all agree on?
- Telugu is a Dravidian language
- What are first generation computers
- What are some traditions of New Zealand
- Why do the Portuguese look mixed
- How does aging affect friendships?
- Who is Colombia's closest ally?
- What are high moral standards
- Will deflation increase or decrease consumption
- Where are most of the tech companies in Ireland
- When does the salary of a civil engineer increase?
- How do babies know how to poop