What is bipolar disorder 2
Psychiatry, Psychosomatics & Psychotherapy
Different forms are distinguished depending on the type and severity of the bipolar disease. Both the treatment strategy and the choice of a suitable drug depend on the type of bipolar disorder a person suffers from.
1. Bipolar I disorder
Both manic and depressive episodes occur in bipolar I disorder. The depressive phase lasts at least 14 days and the manic episode lasts at least 7 days and is often very pronounced and leads to negative consequences (debts, marital problems, etc.). This form of bipolar disease affects women and men equally often. It is estimated to occur in 1 to 2% of the population.
2. Bipolar II disorder
Bipolar II disorder is characterized by depressive episodes and at least one hypomanic phase that lasts at least 4 days. With an incidence of 2-4% in the population, bipolar II disorder is quite common.
3. Rapid cycling
One speaks of "rapid cycling" if at least four or more episodes of mania, hypomania or depression occur within twelve months. Mixed episodes can also occur. Only 20% of the patients show rapid cycling from the start, the high frequency often only develops later. Rapid cycling is often a complicated form of the disease, and some patients are prone to mood lability and adjustment problems even in the episode-free intervals. Overall, 15 to 20% of patients with bipolar disease have rapid cycling. Women are more often affected than men.
- What are the most and least populated cities
- Have you ever been called insensitive?
- Every generation grows weaker and wiser
- Is the self-diagnosis reliable
- What is a subordinated debt
- How did the Islamic religion come about
- Discrimination can affect you mentally and physically
- When did Odessa become part of Ukraine
- Bad weather affects mobile data reception
- What is your worst encounter with classmates
- Would you ever be handcuffed for charity
- What is the name of a penis doctor
- What are the best blackout curtains
- What does Jimmy Wales think of me?
- Brits really do drink tea
- How can I learn Chinese in China
- How was China before reform
- Are gangs a problem in Amarillo
- Enjoy visiting Cairo Egypt
- What do foreigners think of India 1
- What are the activities of our ancestors
- I am a madman
- Work of the brand consulting company
- Is re-invoicing legal in the offshore sector?