How do you store your coin collection
Keep and store coins safely
Gold or silver coins are increasingly being purchased for investment purposes. In order to maintain their value or even benefit from increases in value, investment coins should be stored safely. Safe storage not only protects against theft, but also against damage and scratches that would drastically reduce the value of a coin.
Storage at home or in a safe deposit boxAbout coins safe to store, on the one hand, it makes sense to rent a safe deposit box. The bank then keeps the coins in its safe, where they are protected from theft, but also from other imponderables such as floods and fire. A safe deposit box is then accessible daily during the opening times of the respective banks, so that there is always access to the investment coins. The cost of a safe deposit box varies depending on the size and can be between 100-200 euros per year.
Alternatively, of course, there is also the option of storing the investment coins at home. In order to obtain full protection against theft, they should also be stored in the safe at home. Without a safe with appropriate access restrictions, thieves would be able to take investment coins with them without difficulty. For this reason, even small cash boxes are understandably not suitable as protection against theft. They can only be used to protect against scratches and damage.
A suitable safe for the home can be found today in numerous shapes and sizes. So every investor can purchase the right product for himself. Ideally, the safe is embedded in the masonry or screwed to the masonry for optimal theft protection. Securing with special locks and / or a combination of numbers protects the valuable coins from unauthorized access.
The safe storage of investment coinsDamaged coins or silver coins that tarnish and develop a patina can quickly lose their value. Even minor damage can result in discounts of 10-40% and thus destroy an investment success due to rising gold and silver prices. In order not to reduce the return and to benefit from the increases in value of the precious metals, coins should be stored safely and protected from damage. Not only collector coins, but also classic bullion coins should therefore protect investors from scratches and tarnishing in order to be able to achieve the desired income when selling them later.
To protect coins, it makes sense not to store them individually in a safe, a safe deposit box or at home, but to use albums, coin frames or capsules in which the coins can be stored safely and protected from external influences.
Coin protection products
Coin protective sleeves offer a simple way of protecting coins. However, protective covers are only popular with a few investors because they are not a visual highlight. Alternatively, capsules made of hard plastic are more often used. They are transparent and make it possible to put each coin in a separate capsule and store it individually.
So-called tubes are becoming increasingly popular for storing several coins at the same time. Up to 25 coins can be stacked on top of each other in order to be able to store larger quantities of coins. The tubes are then closed with a lid in order to at least delay the tarnishing of silver coins.
Collectors and investors who keep their coins in the bank safe also like to use coin cases, coin cassettes or coin boxes. Like the other storage methods, these can also be purchased in different sizes in order to be able to safely store a smaller as well as a larger stock of coins. Coin cassettes or coin cases are often found in high-quality materials such as wood, so that the high-quality coins can also be stored appropriately.
All storage options for investment and collector coins can be conveniently ordered from the coin dealer or online.
- What is crate training a puppy
- Has a protest ever been successful?
- Which Arab country is the westernmost
- Are the day care centers open on weekends?
- How much should I charge for the consultation
- How much should a co-founder invest
- Why do Filipinos love money so much
- How to become a Pharmaceutical Representative
- Has society changed you anyway?
- How can you get a white friend
- How are the Turks in general?
- When should you make your child cry?
- Is there science in religion
- Is there a fighting language
- What if Greece collapses
- How does lordosis affect pregnancy
- Does Tibetan Buddhism have a Vesak day
- We always dream
- Offers Coursera free certificates
- Are native Australians friendly
- Where can I buy wholesale handbags
- Is Jack Dorsey checked out
- Can Jews recognize other Jews?
- Pakistan lost control of Karachi
- Will Donald Trump's presidential campaign drive him bankrupt?
- Is it wrong to hate your brother
- Why is a social relationship important
- What are young Java developers doing
- When does this fascination for generations end?
- Why weren't Italian Jews persecuted?
- What is platform economy
- Why are Bollywood films so long
- What are some examples of residual waste
- What is birmingham