How do you deal with unfair situations?
How to confidently fend off unfair conversation tactics
The following examples for unfair talking tactics are intended to show how you can be armed against imprecise tactics even in tough discussion situations.
Unfair Dialectics - Unfair Tactics: We have to recognize them, otherwise we cannot expose them.
In practice, unfair tactics can be used by others. What should we do? Doesn't it apply to repay with the same coin?
Of course, in such situations we stick to “applied rhetoric”. We are allowed to expose the tactics and should call them by name. Anyone who speaks honestly and naturally should therefore Tactics and techniques of unfair dialectics can recognize so that it can be less manipulated.
The possible reactions in response to unfair behavior are
of course only intended as a suggestion, a reminder. The appropriate, fair answers depend on the situation.
With all unfair tactics and attacks, the first thing to do is to stay calm! Often times, your counterpart is just a maneuver to see how you react to it.
Unfair tactics include:
Put the interlocutor under pressure
This means is intended to give the speaker advantages. Those who are under pressure should take a break to rearrange their thoughts. Go to the bathroom or adjourn the conversation. A decision made under pressure is riskier than breaking off the conversation. Better to keep your head held high than to suffer from the consequences of the conversation for a long time.
Make the sentence your own: “I'll be happy to think about it” - before you rush to accept or reject something because you feel pressured.
Disrupt the conversation
If you try to force a disturber out of the conversation ("now please leave the room"), the fronts are hardened and your authority is weakened. Grant interferers the right to speak. Let them talk unmoved, disarm them with friendliness and try to resolve the conflict by talking to one another if necessary. Targeted inquiries help to find out what motive is behind the disorder.
To hurt the interlocutor
People who need to hurt others have self-esteem problems. The problem lies with the attacker, not the attacked person. A hurtful conversation should be ended as quickly and diplomatically as possible. After all, you are not a psychotherapist. Count to twenty and listen away. The main thing is that you stay calm. Any form of emotional reaction is beneficial to the opponent and there is a high risk that you are out of control. After all, the other is deliberately hurting you. This means that he is in control and will not be accessible for metacommunication.
Talk to death ’others
Many people think that this strategy can ensure victory. This is not the case because 'talking to death' makes the audience aggressive. People who consciously use this strategy should be treated politely: a lot of patience, understanding and an ear for a moment.
Provocateurs can be taken out of the sails by consistent objectivity and friendliness. Be careful with choleric people, however. You react explosively to factual strategies. Here it helps to show understanding without accepting guilt or admitting guilt ("complaint discussion").
Threats lose their horror when you get used to demanding implementation of the threat. Few people really make threats come true. Most threats are bluffs that can be rejected. Conversely, you should always think twice about whether and with what you are threatening. Many a politician has had to resign because he had frivolously threatened (“If I don't get the majority, I will resign”).
Lies are hard to spot. If a lie can be proven, a counter-argument can objectify the conversation. If you only find out after the conversation that you have been lied to, it depends on the individual case. Either you defend yourself and complain about your claims or you tick the situation under “This will never happen to me again” and be more suspicious in the future. You cannot defend yourself against being lied to.
There are different strategies against interruption:
1) You just keep talking. This strategy is successful in an orderly conversation. The listeners can continue to follow attentively. In combat talks, however, this strategy can lead to “over-shouting”.
2) You stop and try again later. This strategy is recommended in emotional conversations. It does not require any strength and the interrupted person can talk when he is assured of undivided attention again.
3) They say, “Please let me finish, I'm not done yet. ” This strategy is not very promising.
It takes a long time to formulate the sentence, so the listener's attention drops. The strategy is only suitable in discussions with value-oriented interlocutors. Rude interlocutors ignore this signal and talk into the pause after the sentence. Please also keep in mind that you may only be interrupted because other people want to talk too! Could that be the case with you?
You might also be interested in the following topics:
- Islam What should women wear during Umrah?
- What should I do for corporate events
- Why is beef more expensive than pork
- What do presidents wear
- Why does Ritalin make me sleepy
- What do robots do in hospitals
- Kindle books are free on Amazon Prime
- How do I make myself look taller
- What is a harsh truth from CA.
- Covers Medicare Assisted Living
- American Muslims celebrate Thanksgiving
- What will you never accept in yourself
- What are the main Dutch faux pas Amsterdam
- Who chose Muhammad as a prophet?
- Are Indian railroad workers employed by the central government
- Can my laptop run Fortnite
- What is the best alternative to living
- What is the cheapest food in Sweden
- How can I become a talent agent
- How often do hurricanes occur each year
- Which start should I switch from Accenture
- Can someone become a millionaire
- Which civil engineering company offers an internship without any problems?
- What products are usually sold in Pakistan
- What jobs can teenagers get
- FBI Director James Comey is compromised
- Is a hologram holographic
- Why should women be respected as housewives
- Why is a GST an indirect tax
- Should Trump's people stop correcting his words
- Your mind would reveal your identity
- Why are bonsai trees considered to be trees
- Is 46 years old
- How is the demand for Xamarin developers