Why is Hong Kong called Fragrant Harbor
HONG KONG - Foreword
HONG KONG - Unique
HONG KONG - General information
Originally it was the name of a small settlement near Aberdeen, consisting of two Chinese characters, Heung and Gong
(Fragrant Harbor), which means something like: Fragrant harbor.
Hong Kong is located in Southeast Asia, at the southernmost tip of mainland China (114th degree of longitude east / 22nd degree of latitude north. With an area of 1,104 km² and more than seven million inhabitants, this means a good 6,500 inhabitants per km². About 95% of all residents are Chinese Origin, 5% of other nationalities. Just 135 km north of Hong Hong lies the Guangzhou Special Administrative Region in China (formerly Canton), there are regular day trips. 2,000 km
north of HK is the capital of China: Beijing.
The area is made up of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories. 262 offshore islands are part of it, most of which are uninhabited, but some have existed for decades or
Centuries of fishing villages. The largest island is Lantau.
On July 1, 1997, the lease between China and Great Britain expired and Hong Kong reverted to China. Negotiations had previously stipulated that Hong Kong would remain a special administrative region with a free economy for the next 50 years. Since then, Hong Kong has been called exactly: Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
Tradition: 150 years of colonial past interwoven with 6,000 years of Chinese culture. East and West melting pot. Example: drinking tea, British tradition, but Chinese for 3,000 years. You can either nibble on Chinese dumplings with your tea or scones with strawberry jam (small, round cake, served with butter).
There are two official languages: Chinese (Cantonese) and English. The signage is usually always bilingual: in Chinese and English. Religion: Christians of various denominations make up around 8 percent of the population, Muslims (Chinese, Indonesians, Pakistanis) a little over 1 percent. The Chinese folk religion, which is still very much alive here, is most widespread. Believers worship Buddhist and Taoist deities side by side, because all that matters is their ability
Ask to answer and help.
Temple: For HK Chinese, the spirits of the ancestors determine a large part of daily life. The three main religions Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism with their different deities that they worship help to shape life according to the will of the ancestors. Over 600 temples are dedicated to the gods and some are several hundred years old. They survived in side streets, downtown, behind fishing ports, in the mountains and in the heart of rural villages. One of the most famous temples is located between dreary social housing blocks and offers - as it could not be more different - a colorful spectacle. It is the Sik Sik Yuen Wong Tai Sin Temple in Kowloon. It was built in 1956 and named after the most popular Taoist god. It is a place of worship and a center of communication. Believers of all three traditional
Chinese religions come together here.
Yes, and what would Hong Kong be without Victoria Peak? It is Hong Kong's local mountain. No, at 552 meters it is not the highest mountain in Hong Kong, but it is certainly the most famous. The Victoria Peak adventure begins with the ride of the world's oldest funicular, the Peak Tram. Since more than
It has been bringing residents and tourists to the Peak for 100 years.
Home page imprint privacy Contact - Contact
- How not to break under torture
- Which country has the best food overall
- How can yoga help with office work
- What should I buy from Bangkok Phuket
- How are online exams monitored
- Soldiers can use their own equipment
- Have you ever felt unwelcome?
- What are some reasons for bad breath
- Get paid on parole
- Has sea salt iodine
- Why is Thai salad spicy
- What is gluten-free at Nando s
- What's the oldest recipe in your family
- Which country is rich 1
- Do you want a technocracy?
- How much does a retail salesman make
- Finish what you start
- How do I get a dual degree
- Married women like naughty boys
- What is it like to teach students
- Divorce attorneys can handle their own divorces
- What is MEP design
- How can I not judge so quickly
- How do you mature as a person
- What will the taxation of the rich do
- What is heating system in Canada
- Are Europeans concerned about mass immigration?
- Can you die from childbirth
- Are ferrets obedient
- Boys get horny while touching girls
- Are private investigators licensed
- What is the best reimbursement software?
- How long does endometriosis pain last
- What if you live alone